Monday, June 04, 2012

Quotes from Famous Ladies

As long as you smile, have sparkly eyes, and stick your shoulders back, nobody's going to notice your bum or your waist or your feet, for that matter. - Cat Deeley

I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want.  If that makes me a bitch, okay.  - Madonna

I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman. - Anais Nin

One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential.  Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency.  We can't be kind, true, merciful, general, or honest.  -Maya Angelou

In passing, also, I would like to say that the first time Adam had a chance, he laid the blame on a woman. -Lady Nancy Astor


If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform a million realities. - Maya Angelou

Skiing: I do not participate in any sport with ambulances at the bottom of the hill. - Erma Bombeck

No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap. - Carrie Snow

Can you imagine a world without men?  No crime and lots of happy, fat women. - Nicole Hollander

If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love.  Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning "good morning" at total strangers. - Maya Angelou